The Harvest issue of the Farmers Club Journal – now arriving with members – includes a fascinating insight into Defra farm policy from Minister of State Robert Goodwill MP following his visit to the Club in early July.
We also report from the Club’s 177th Annual General Meeting, where Allan Stevenson and Keith Redpath, leading farmers in Scotland, were elected as Chairman and Vice-Chairman for 2020.
Further articles explore a major initiative from the Worshipful Company of Farmers to improve mental health in farming and rural communities, plus some timely management pointers from an international farm management conference in Tasmania.
A host of wonderful Club Events are also profiled, including the Club to the Country initiative to visit key farming Shows around the UK, and the spring Tour to Jerez in southern Spain. Sadly, the Journal also includes a full obituary for past Chairman Sir David Naish.
Further content includes:
- Enhancements to the Club’s Terrace
- A new £30,000 rural innovation fund
- Farming’s changes since 1973 EU accession
- Chef’s exploration of Dorset apples
- London-based events for Club visitors in August
- Charitable Trust awards to educators
- An Under 30s Farm Walk in Hampshire
- Under 30s Meet-a-Member profile
- Club News, including a call for Committee Nominations
Finally, the Journal details a host of events planned for the rest of the year, including the Chairman’s Autumn Farm Tour to Herefordshire (mid-October), the annual Harvest Festival Service & Supper at the Club (8 Oct) – details and application forms included in the Journal.
The full issue can be viewed here.
For more information on all the Club’s events see the Events page.
To become a member of the Club visit our Membership page.