The latest Farmers Club Journal reports on a vibrant Summer season of Club activity and a variety of farming issues, both in the Club and across the UK.
Arriving with members in early-August the Summer Journal includes reports on a very successful round of agricultural show receptions, plus the official launch of the Under 35s, powerful insights from Dyson Farming Chairman David Fursdon, timely advice from HSBC Head of Agrifood Allan Wilkinson and the Chairman’s Tour to Devon.
A vigorously pro-farming address from farming minister Victoria Prentis, delivered to Club members before the Prime Minister’s departure, also features.
Tackling a key rural issue the Journal considers diversity in the rural community, with particular reference to LGBTQ+, conveyed via the experiences of a long-term Club member.
Developments from the Annual General Meeting are summarised, where Pembrokeshire farmer and former NFU President Meurig Raymond was elected 2023 Chairman, with Devon’s Richard Maunder voted in as Vice-Chairman.
Also included are application forms for:
- The Club’s New Year’s Eve Black Tie Dinner
- Harvest Festival Service & Supper
- Christmas Card Order Form
Further content includes:
- Club News, including a finance update
- John Lee’s Chairman’s Comments
- Dates for the diary – 2022 Club events
- Chef’s page
- Fascinating Farming Figures
- Member Experience Manager Craig’s tips for visiting London
The full issue can be viewed on the Farmers Club website here.