FOR THE FARMERS CLUB RE-OPENING ON
MONDAY 13TH JULY 2020 AT 11AM.
6th July 2020
We are delighted to be able to re-open the club for you on Monday 13th July at 11am.
Having journeyed through these extraordinary times we have reached a point where we can get back to a little normality. Whether you think it is a new normal, some kind of normal or not normal at all, it is going to be a little different but still your “home from home.”
These Member Guidelines have been put together to advise you of the alterations we have had to make in line with Government Guidelines. Whilst we don’t want to impose a new list of rules, following these guidelines enable us to open the club and more importantly stay open. They will be updated regularly in line with Government Guidelines, sent out and posted on the website.
We also hope they show we have tried to think of everything on your behalf and answer any questions you may have about visiting the club.
See you soon!
25th June 2020
Well, we have finally received the eagerly awaited announcement that Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs and Hotels can re-open from 4th July as long as they follow the updated Government Guidelines.
As a result, some of the team will be back into the club to prepare it and we will be ready to open the doors on Monday 13th July 2020 at 11am.
We will be issuing shortly some Member Guidelines explaining what the club needs you to do
when you visit. This ensures we follow the government guidelines that enable us to open but more importantly stay open!
Ladies and gentlemen, your club needs you…..so we look forward to seeing you soon!!!Chief Executive & General Manager
17th June 2020
As advised on Monday, if Government Guidelines don’t dramatically change, we are planning to re-open your club on Monday 13th July.
In order to ensure you feel safe, comfortable and confident to return we thought it might be helpful to tell you what London Transport has been doing to make travelling safe and what we have been and are preparing in the club.
- Since 15th June face masks are compulsory and must be worn on all public transport including London taxis. Uber has also advised that face masks are compulsory.
- There are hand sanitiser points across the network including all TFL Tube stations, TFL Rail stations and bus stations.
- The tube is cleaned daily with hospital-grade antiviral disinfectant and key interchange stations are cleaned more frequently. For those of us that have been into the club recently, the transport network is cleaner than we’ve ever seen it!!
- There are lots of signs in stations, on trains and now on the pavements around London reminding people to keep their 2 metre distance.
- Travel out of rush hour and your journey will be more comfortable.
- Lee our Maintenance Manager, has been in weekly to check the plumbing!
- The club will be deep cleaned and aired throughout before we open the doors.
- PPE has been ordered ready for the team to use.
- Perspex screens have now been put up at Reception, The Bar and in the General Office.
- Portable UV sterilisers have been purchased for use on any surface around the club.
- The team are planning how we deliver our services to you. Some may be different for now but still with a smiley, friendly face.
- Whitehall Court are also preparing for our return to the building; including one way systems around the building and temperature checking on arrival.
We hope this gives you some added comfort and confidence to return and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back.
15th June 2020
We hope this finds you all well and having survived the lockdown that is now gradually lifting.
The team are working hard to re-open the club, putting in place measures to ensure your home from home is safe and comfortable for you to return. The weekly Chief Executive e-newsletter has kept you up to date with how we are preparing the club and further details will be sent out.
If Government Guidelines don’t dramatically change, we are planning to re-open on Monday 13th July and…………………your club needs you!
So, if you need a break away from home, fancy lunch or a drink on the Terrace, plan to get together with a small group of friends or you would like to come and relax in your club, then please start planning your visit.
In short, bedrooms will be available as normal, though you may not be allocated your normal room.
Social distancing measures will be in place in the public areas of the club. Breakfast will be a delicious takeaway to start and Chef has created a lovely Summer opening menu that will be served in all areas including conference and banqueting rooms. Restaurant reservations must be made so that the Restaurant Manager, Jelle can abide by the 2 metre rule, no walk-ins please! Further details will follow.
We look forward to welcoming you back so we can celebrate re-opening your club.