The Farmers Club strives to deliver excellent, friendly service in a “home from home” environment. We are committed to providing a great working atmosphere where opportunities to develop and get involved are commonplace.
On your first day you will be provided with a personalised Induction Plan to help you settle in.
Quarterly Team Meetings are designed to keep everyone informed of what is happening in the Club and to give everyone the opportunity to have their say.
Free meals on duty, uniforms, Pension Scheme, Service Insurance Policy, Staff Christmas Fund and free eye sight testing are benefits currently available for all relevant positions.
If you are interested in working at The Farmers Club please send your CV to Saskia Donnelly, HR Manager at email@example.com
Do you have lots of energy, are adaptable and enjoy supporting a team?
The Farmers Club founded in 1842 is an exclusive Private Members Club for those involved in farming, food production and agriculture. Overlooking the River Thames, the Club has 56 beautifully appointed bedrooms, conference and banqueting space, a bar, terrace and a restaurant that provides simply cooked, seasonal, quality British food.
We are now recruiting for the role of House Porter working across 3 departments. As House Porter you will play a key role in the day-to-day operation of Housekeeping, the Kitchen and Conference & Banqueting by:
- Receiving linen trolleys and unloading them
- Supplying clean linen throughout the Club
- Collecting dirty linen and placing it in containers for transport to the laundry
- Sorting and counting linens and recording numbers of dirty linens
- Reporting damaged or missing items to the Housekeeper
- To help in moving furniture, rotate mattresses etc
- Carrying out special requests like extra beds, cots, pillows and bathroom supplies
- To assist the housekeeping department with deep cleaning, shampoo carpet, room and corridor cleanliness
- Cleaning the kitchen to the highest standard as required by the Club.
- To follow all relevant health and safety procedures and regulations.
- To ensure the kitchen, main wash up and staff room are clean, hygienic and tidy at all times.
- Manual handling and unloading deliveries
- Collecting and washing pots, pans, plates and cutlery and getting them back into use quickly
- Washing and disinfecting kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
- Removing and recycling waste from the kitchen
- To help conferencing with room set up, moving tables and chairs from storage into function rooms
- This role is physically demanding and the successful candidate will need to be flexible as it includes shift work
- Good command of the English language (including good numeric skills)
- Previous experience is not essential as training will be provided
- Frequently kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, reaching, standing and walking.
- ‘Can do’ attitude and able to adapt to changes
- Highly responsible and able follow directions thoroughly and work independently with little supervision
- Enthusiastic in delivering service excellence
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Display a polite and professional attitude to members and other team members
- The ability to prioritise and organise yourself
- Problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 the general information that you supply about yourself is known as Personal Data. By submitting your CV you are giving The Farmers Club consent to process your personal and sensitive data and it will only be retained for the purposes for which the information was collected, or as required by law. It will not be shared with third parties except as necessary to carry out our business or as required by law or other legal processes.